Friday, June 19, 2009

Flower Power


I like shooting flowers. Maybe that is because I am a gardener. But it may be more than that. I love the bright colors and beautiful images you can create. My flower photography definitely took a big step forward when I took a Better Photo course from Tony Sweet on Fine Art Flower Photography. I highly recommend this course, the techniques used apply to much more than flowers. I have included a couple recent flower images on this blog. Hope you enjoy them.
The first image is simply a unique blue thistle I found at the nursery sitting by our bright orange Adirondack chair. This created a great color combination.


The second image is of three yellow lilies from the garden sitting in front of some pink peonies with an sheet of textured glass in between the camera and the lilies. To create the sharp stamens for the point of focus I shot a second image without the glass and used Photoshop layers to create the image.