- Not really hi or low key - just average tonal range - maybe a touch on the dark side.
- Wide angle lens - gives is that since of distance from the foreground leaf to the curve.
- Road line is more straight up and down - less dynamic or exciting than a diagonal. This is in keeping with the more subdued (or negative) emotion.
- Foreground object close to front frame edge (not at the classic 1/3 location). This reinforces the left behind or loneliness of the image.
- Black and white image - again less vibrant and more subdued.
The second image was shot while zooming and panning using a long shutter exposure. The panning was to keep the end of the road as the zoom focal point. It has been blended in Photoshop with a "watercolor" version generated with Topaz Labs Simplify. What feelings does this rendition of the image illicit?