Saturday, June 11, 2011

Red Poppy

Blog_4

I thought I would share this series of images I shot a while back. It provides just another example of what you can do with one subject. In this case it is a red poppy plant. As I have mention now and then I enjoy working in the garden. Sometimes before I place a new plant in the garden I will bring it inside to my make shift studio.

Don’t forget to explore all sides of your subject. Even if it isn’t the one you see – maybe I should say especially if it isn’t the normal side. The first image is one example.

Blog_3This is a three multiple exposure shot against a black background. Shot using the multiple exposure mode in my Nikon.

Blog_1A white poppy was most in front of the red poppy in this shot. It has been processed to be hi-key.

Blog_5Another back view of the poppy but giving it more context. This is a bit of a before and after shot. Notice the diagonal composition. The background was switched to a light green.

Blog_2More of a classical poppy close up. Ideally the poppy details would be more symmetric but that was not the case. I still like it though.

As you can see, a lot can be done with one subject in just a single session.