Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Post

For my first post I thought I would quickly mention the photographer's that inspire me. While there have been a few over the years, most recently the work of Tony Sweet has had the greatest impact. His work just stirs me inside. The writings and photography of Freeman Patterson is also very much had an impact. I often find that he is behind or at the root of other photographer's work that I admire. His writings on the "Art of Seeing" are highly recommended. While somewhat different but still focused on nature, is the work of Christopher Burkett. If you haven't see one of his large prints, you may not appreciate his work. His images are quite spectacular in person.

As you might have guessed, I tend to focus on nature photography. But I do enjoy creating images with all types of subjects. I often get great satisfaction in photographing people and catching those moments when you get just a glimpse of who they are.

Visit my website http://www.staceyglloyd.com/ and get a little taste of what I have been up to. The site is still really under development, so keep going back as I will be adding more galleries and ordering capabilities as time goes on. Thanks for reading.

Note: The attached photo was taken from a shooting session yesterday with freezing fog in the early morning. What looks like the sun is simply a mercury vapor light in the distance. A nearly wide open f-stop made it large and circular