Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Local Parks

Blog_20100124_1

I was reminded this past weekend that it is easy to forget about one of the avenues we have for nature photography – our local parks. My wife and I went hiking in a park that is only about 20 minutes away from our house. It is a beautiful park with a lake surrounded by mountain foothills, multi-colored meadow grasses and water foul.  I have not been there for years and for some reason it hadn’t occurred to me to go there for a shoot recently.  It must be that familiarity thing. While I didn’t really take many images, I did take the opportunity to visually scout for a future shoot – I know I will go back.

Think about, where are some places around your home that maybe you used to visit (possible before you took up photography) but just haven’t thought of in a long time.

Blog image: This picture was captured on the meandering drive back home as we moved into the last light of the day. The softness of the vines brushed by the evening light was just delightful.

PRINTS FOR SALE: Just a reminder that I have started selling special edition prints on my website.