Monday, January 18, 2010

A New Name

It is hard to believe a year has passed since I started this blog. To celebrate I have decided to give my blog a name, "Photography Along the Way". I chose this name for a couple of reasons. First, most of my photography is done around my home or work, not at far away "exotic" locations. Most of the time I shoot images on my way to work, on my way home, around work or around my home. I drive ~20 miles to work each way. I can vary the route a variety of ways to pass different subject material. For the majority of people this is where their photography happens and should happen. We really do best when we shoot the things we know, are able to go back again and again, and have the time to watch the weather patterns, light shifts throughout the day, etc. We develop our skills, imagination and our ability to see there. Then when we get to go to those more distant places we are better prepared to "capture" it with trained eyes.

Second, this blog has always been about things I am learning as I move down the path of a photographer. This can vary from techniques, to books I have read, to portfolios I am working on, to submitting work, selling work, teaching, etc.

In general, I will continue to write about the things I have been for this past year, but under a different title.


Blog Image: This is one more image from my last shoot in the fog. I just got around to processing it (in Lightroom only) and like it quite a bit. Note, I did flip the image horizontally so it had a right to left flow.