Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Exploring

I have been doing a lot of exploring around the local area the last few days. We have had a somewhat unusual spell of frosty foggy mornings. As I was scouting yesterday I came down into a little valley that was still mostly in the shade. The ground was still very frosty and I spotted a beautiful tree with nice color foilage behind it. With all the detail in the scene and given it was a bit late in the morning (the sky was getting too bright) I decided to shoot for HDR. I took five exposures (1 stop apart) ensuring that there was good detail in the shadows and good color in the sky. The first photo is the result. I went for a bit of surrealism again on this one. Just in case you think I only shoot trees, the second image is of a tractor I found during my explorations as well.